Article: Alpaca fleece - the perfect saddle pad for sensitive horses
Alpaca fleece - the perfect saddle pad for sensitive horses
Alpaca wool and alpaca wool fleece offer numerous advantages for horses and their health when used on the underside of saddle pads and saddle pads:
- Softness and Comfort: Alpaca wool is incredibly soft and luxurious, providing excellent comfort for horses. It causes less irritation or chafing on the horse's skin and is therefore suitable for sensitive horses or those prone to skin allergies.
- Moisture management: Alpaca wool has excellent moisture-wicking properties, i. H. it can absorb and release moisture efficiently. This helps keep the horse's back dry, reducing the risk of perspiration and possible discomfort while riding.
- Temperature regulation: Alpaca wool is thermo-regulating, helping to keep the horse's back cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. This trait is particularly beneficial for horses engaged in strenuous activity or endurance rides where temperature control is essential.
- Padding and Pressure Distribution: Alpaca wool provides natural padding that helps distribute pressure evenly across the horse's back. This can relieve pressure points and reduce the risk of pain or discomfort caused by improper saddle pads and pads or long periods of riding.
- Lightweight and breathable: Alpaca wool is lighter compared to many other materials used for saddle pads. This light weight contributes to the horse's comfort and reduces the overall weight load on the animal. In addition, the breathability of alpaca wool allows air to circulate, preventing excessive heat build-up and perspiration.
- Durability: Alpaca wool is known for its durability, which is an important factor when choosing materials for saddle pads. It can withstand regular wear and tear and will maintain its form and functionality over time, making it a durable choice.
- Hypoallergenic: Alpaca wool is considered hypoallergenic by many people because it does not contain lanolin, a common allergen found in sheep's wool. This makes them a suitable option for horses and riders with sensitivities or allergies.
- Resistance to odor and bacterial growth: Alpaca wool has natural antimicrobial properties that can inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria. This feature helps the saddle pad stay fresh and clean for longer and doesn't need to be washed as often.