Cleaning horse brushes: wash or brush out?
Horse brushes are an essential tool for every horse owner. They not only ensure that the horse's coat stays clean and shiny, but also serve the animal's well-being. But how do you properly care for these brushes, especially if they are made from natural materials such as wood and natural fibers?
1. Why natural materials? A brush or root brush made of natural fibers and wood is particularly gentle on the horse and ensures a natural grooming experience. Coconut fiber, horsehair and goat hair are soft and flexible, so they effectively remove dirt and dust, while supporting and promoting the natural re-greasing of the fur. Electrostatic charging is also prevented.
2. How to properly wash a body brush and root brush:
- Water: Start with lukewarm water. Avoid hot water as it can damage the natural fibers.
- Soap: Use a mild soap or baby shampoo. Dip the brush lightly in the water and scrub gently until dirt is removed from the hair. This process may have to be repeated several times if it is heavily soiled.
- Rinse: Rinse the horse brush thoroughly to remove all soap residue without leaving any residue.
- Drying: Place the horse brush with the bristles facing down on a towel to allow the water to drain away. Allow them to air dry and avoid direct sunlight.
3. Robinia wood - The ideal material for robust horse brushes: Robinia wood is particularly suitable for horse brushes because it is naturally robust against moisture. It is not prone to warping or splitting even when regularly exposed to moisture. This makes robinia wood a durable and reliable material for horse brushes and allows them to be cleaned and washed regularly under water.
4. Care tips for brushes made of robinia wood:
- Avoid prolonged immersion in water.
- Occasionally clean the wood with a damp cloth.
- An occasional rub with a wood care oil can help keep the wood supple and extend its life.
Conclusion: Proper care of horse brushes made from natural materials ensures a long service life and effective cleaning of the horse's fur. With the tips above, you can ensure that your brushes remain in top condition and provide your horse with the best comfort. And thanks to the robustness of robinia wood, you can rely on your brush to withstand the daily demands of horse care.